|Dr. Bayram Saparov|
|Assistant Professor of Chemistry & Biochemestry, University of Oklahoma||Group website|
|OKPVRI Member||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Dr. Bayram Saparov is the head of an inter-disciplinary research team that focuses on the synthesis and characterization of compounds with potential applications as energy materials including photovoltaic (PV) and photocatalytic materials, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), superconductors, thermoelectric and magnetic materials. His group aims to bridge chemistry, crystallography and synthesis with physics, engineering and application of functional (e.g., energy) materials. Specifically, the Saparov group focuses on synthesis of novel materials (hybrid organic-inorganic materials, chalcogenides etc.), characterization of their crystal and electronic structures, and physical properties, and if warranted, their performance in actual devices (e.g., in solar cell devices).
- “Defect Engineering In Multinary Earth-Abundant Chalcogenide Photovoltaic Materials,” C. R. Donghyeop Shin, Bayrammurad Saparov, David B. Mitzi, Adv. Energy Mater. 2017, 7, 1602366. [Review Paper, Inside Cover]
- “BaCu2Sn(S,Se)4: Earth-Abundant Chalcogenides For Thin-Film Photovoltaics,” Donghyeop Shin, Bayrammurad Saparov, Tong Zhu, William P. Huhn, Volker Blum, and David B. Mitzi, Chem. Mater. 2016, 28, 4471-4780.
- “Photovoltaic Properties Of Two-Dimensional (CH3NH3)2Pb(SCN)2I2Perovskite: A Combined Experimental And Density Functional Theory Study,” Zewen Xiao, Weiwei Meng, Bayrammurad Saparov, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Changlei Wang, Chunbao Feng,Weiqiang Liao, Weijun Ke, Dewei Zhao, Jianbo Wang, David B. Mitzi, and Yanfa Yan, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2016, 7, 1213-1218.
- “Employing Lead Thiocyanate Additive To Reduce The Hysteresis And Boost The Fill Factor Of Planar Perovskite Solar Cells,”Ke W, Xiao C, Wang C, Saparov B, Duan HS, Zhao D, Xiao Z, Schulz P, Harvey SP, Liao W, Meng W, Yu Y, Cimaroli AJ, Jiang CS, Zhu K, Al-Jassim M, Fang G, Mitzi DB, Yan Y, Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 5214-5221.
- “Viability Of Lead-Free Perovskites With Mixed Chalcogen And Halogen Anions For Photovoltaic Applications,” Feng Hong, Bayrammurad Saparov, Weiwei Meng, Zewen Xiao, David B. Mitzi, and Yanfa Yan, J. Phys. Chem. C. 2016, 120, 6435-6441.
- “Alloying And Defect Control Within Chalcogenide Perovskites For Optimized Photovoltaic Application,” Weiwei Meng, Bayrammurad Saparov, Feng Hong, Jianbo Wang, David B. Mitzi, and Yanfa Yan, Chem. Mater. 2016, 28, 821-829.
- “Thin-Film Preparation And Characterization Of Cs3Sb2I9: A Lead-Free Layered Perovskite Semiconductor,” Bayrammurad Saparov, Feng Hong, Jon-Paul Sun, Hsin-Sheng Duan, Weiwei Meng, Samuel Cameron, Ian G. Hill, Yanfa Yan, and David B. Mitzi, Chem. Mater. 2015, 27, 5622-5632. [ACS Editors’ Choice]
- Lehigh University Seminar, Bethlehem, PA 2016
- The University of Oklahoma Seminar, Norman, OK 2016
- Lumenari, Inc. Seminar, Lexington, KY 2016
- Joint Southeastern/Southwest Regional Meeting, Memphis, TN 2015
- MRS Fall Meeting, Boston, MA 2015
Current Graduate Students: 2 (all in Chemistry) Rachel Roccanova and Benjamin Watkings
Current Undergraduate Students: 2 (all in Chemistry) S. Avery Vigil and Dillon Doss